Saturday, December 6, 2008

The War is Long

Thus begins my public, longitudinal, autobiographical, phenomenological research concerning the addictive natures of caffeine and aspartame (commonly called by its brand name Nutrasweet). I have been addicted to these two substances independently and/or combined for about 20 years. I have seen many curious effects from quitting one or both over these years, but have never successfully stayed off both simultaneously for very long. I will be documenting and reflecting on the systemic effects of consuming these substances, usually in the form of diet soda but sometimes other beverages, as they happen, and without foreknowledge of where they will lead. Feel free to join in. I will be eager to read the experiences of others suffering from similar or different manifestations of consumption of these substances as we roll through this life together.

No comments: